- Why Spring Naturals only uses fresh meat and not meat meal?
Meat meal has a lower nutritional level and is less digestible for pets. It has been cooked twice; once by the meal supplier and once by the pet food manufacturer. This causes nutritional loss in over processing.
- Does Spring Naturals contain any gluten or rice ingredients?
No! At Spring Naturals we do not use any gluten or rice ingredients in our recipes. We use fresh meat and eggs to meet a pet’s nutritional level.
- Why is every batch slightly different in shape and color?
In order to retain complete nutrition, Spring Naturals minimizes cooking. No artificial colors or flavors are used, so every batch may be slightly different in appearance.
- Does Spring Naturals contain any artificial preservatives?
Spring Naturals uses natural Vitamin E (tocopherols) to preserve the food.
- How to keep dog food fresh after opening?
A. Use within 6 weeks after opening. B. Store the food in the original bag. If you use a storage bin, put the whole package into the bin. Do not pour the pet food into the bin. The bag is specifically designed to store the pet food. C. Store in a cool, dry place.
- When following the feeding guidelines, my pets gains or loses weight?
The feeding guidelines are only an average recommendation. Every dog or cat has a different metabolism, activities and breed differences. To find the right amount of food to be given, follow the feeding guidelines initially and adjust accordingly: if your pets becomes too skinny, feed more, if it becomes too fat, feed less.
- How to transition my current pet food to Spring Naturals?
Mix Spring Naturals in increasingly larger proportions to your cat’s current diet for the first five to seven days, until you’re feeding 100% of the new food.